- 1.5 c reduced fat Mexican Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/2 c chopped green pepper
- can of Rotel and small can of green chilies (drained)
- 1 c reduced fat cottage cheese
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup jalapenos, chopped (I used more and left the seeds in cuz that's how I roll)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 c taco sauce
- 6-9 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 11x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the meat with the onions, bell peppers, jalapenos and chili powder in a non stick skillet until brown. Add the garlic in the last couple of minutes. Put cheddar cheese (saving 1/2 cup), diced tomatoes, green chilies and cottage cheese in a large bowl. Mix the meat in, stir well.
- Place enough tortillas side by side to cover the bottom of the pan. Cover with half of the mixture. Add enough tortillas to cover that and put the rest of the mixture on top.
- Pour the taco sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, let cool for 5 minutes. I actually broiled it for a few minutes at the end so the cheese would be golden.
We really enjoyed it! I served it with corn and poured tons of Cholula over the whole thing. Again, hunger got the best of me and I forgot to take a picture of my plate but here is the leftover "lasagna":
It may not look like the most appetizing thing ever but yum yum. Delicious! Now I'm about to put the kids to bed and possibly hop in the hot tub with the hubby. Have a good night all!