144.8…Herbed Chicken Parmesan
The night before we left for Mexico, I made a fabulous dinner.
I love chicken parmesan but it's not the best for you. This is where Cooking Light comes in to save the day. This one isn't deep fried, just quickly "pan-fried" on the stove and finished under the broiler. It was a winner!
Herbed Chicken Parmesan (Serves 4)
Original Recipe adapted from Cooking Light, November 2003
- 1/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded 1/2" thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups bottled fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley, basil, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Place egg white in a shallow dish. Dip each chicken breast in egg white; dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Set aside.
- Combine 1/8 teaspoon salt, pasta sauce, vinegar, and pepper in a saucepan and heat. Pour the sauce over chicken in pan. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Wrap handle of pan with foil, and broil 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
I made some ziti with some of the extra sauce to go along with it. Perfection.
Last night I defrosted the Chicken and Wild Rice Soup leftovers for dinner.
It reheated pretty well! Along with a green salad, dinner was complete. And easy!
This morning's breakfast was scrambled egg beaters with zucchini, green onions, salsa and cheddar cheese.
After I took the kiddos to school, I went to the gym. Next was a nail appointment followed by Luna Grill for lunch. Standard Greek Salad with a Chicken Kabob.
Name the number one item on your "Bucket List".
Technorati Tags: Chicken and Wild Rice Soup, Egg Beaters, Everyday, Luna Grill, Herbed Chicken Parmesan
Post a Comment