142.2…Beef-Broccoli Lo Mein
Chinese food. Tastes awesome but not always the healthiest, right?
Wrong. I found a recipe for Beef-Broccoli Lo Mein that's super easy to make and delicious!! It will satisfy your Chinese food craving for sure!
Beef-Broccoli Lo Mein (Serves 4-6)
Recipe slightly adapted from Cooking Light, October 2003
- 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed and cut across the grain into long, thin strips
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile paste with garlic
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Combine pasta and sesame oil, tossing well to coat.
- While pasta cooks, heat peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add broccoli, onion and carrots; sauté 3 minutes. Add steak, and sauté 5 minutes or until done. Add pasta mixture, soy sauce, and remaining ingredients; cook 1 minute or until lo mein is thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
The noodles turned out perfectly. For lack of a better word, they turned out "slippery" just like Lo Mein noodles! And you can add whatever veggies you want. Great way to clean out your produce drawer. For 1 1/3 cups, it's only 327 calories!
Breakfast this morning was pineapple Chobani yogurt, Easy Granola, strawberries and blueberries.
I took the kids to school, volunteered a bit then came back for an hour walk around my neighborhood. It's been awhile since I've done that and really enjoyed the change of scenery from the gym.
Lunch was skinny fish tacos at Wahoo's.
Tonight I will be enjoying Beef-Broccoli Lo Mein leftovers. These are leftovers I'm actually excited about.
Favorite Chinese food dish?
Technorati Tags: Chobani, Easy Granola, Everyday, Wahoo's, Beef-Broccoli Lo Mein
That looks so good! I am actually going to attempt to make pork egg rolls this week - they seem pretty easy?ReplyDelete
You should keep track of how many times you go to Wahoo for tacos - you should buy some stock! :D
Mmmm, egg rolls!
Hahaha...wahoo's actually has an app now that you can earn points per visit and get free stuff. My taco obsession is finally paying off!