Last night I did something I haven’t done in awhile: cooked. Life has totally gotten in the way of my kitchen time. Not only did I cook but I made something that rarely gets made in my house: salmon. My husband and kids won’t eat it and I love it. He wasn’t home for dinner last night, so salmon it was!
Asian Salmon (Serves 2)
- 2 salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Make several shallow slashes in the skinless side of the salmon filets. Place filets skin-side down in a glass baking dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, pepper, onion and sesame oil. Pour the liquid over the salmon, cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove cover from salmon, and bake in the marinating dish for about 30 minutes, or until fish can be flaked with a fork. Serve salmon and pour sauce over.
I served the salmon with brown rice and asparagus and enjoyed every bite. I loved the sauce so I loaded it on. :)
Breakfast this morning included the return of an old favorite: Pineapple Chobani. I topped it with Cascadian Farms granola, strawberries and raspberries.
I took the kids to school and met some friends at the gym for a workout. Afterwards Lisa and I ran a few errands and stopped at guess where for lunch.
It’s the Wahoo’s diet! Lisa has lost a pound a day this week and she swears it’s the Wahoo’s. I’m on board. Love the shrimp burritos!
Tonight is Back To School Night and then tomorrow I’m off to Los Angeles to visit my dad. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Is there certain food that you love but the people you live with don’t?