138.6…Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Chocolate and peanut butter were meant to go together.
These brownies have married the two flavors together perfectly. There are perfectly fudgy and peanut buttery all at the same time.
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 Tbsp unsalted butter (1 stick) cut into chunks
4 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 Tbsp instant espresso powder
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
8 regular size Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Microwave chocolate chips and butter for about 45 seconds. If not mostly melted, microwave for 20 more seconds. Stir until smooth. Whisk in the cocoa powder and espresso powder. Set aside.
3. Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, peanut butter and salt until combined.
4. Whisk the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
5. Stir in the flour until just combined.
6. Fold chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups into batter.
7. Pour mixture into prepared pan, spread evenly and level the surface with a rubber spatula.
8. Bake approximately 35-40 minutes. Brownies will be slightly puffed and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean.
9. Cool to room temperature for about 2 hours. Cut into squares. Store in a tightly sealed container.
Friday night Alicia and her husband came over for Hot Wing night!
I fried up 48 hot wings and soon enough it was time to dig in!
Alicia brought a salad…you know….so we could feel like we were eating something healthy.
I felt a bit disappointed as I was only able to eat 10 wings. Oh well…each of the 10 wings were beyond delicious. Now I’ll have to wait for Alicia to get back from Europe to have another hot wing party. :(
Saturday morning’s breakfast was Trader Joe’s Greek style vanilla yogurt with Coconut-Sour Cherry Granola and strawberries.
Another yogurt winner! I like that you could see the vanilla bean seeds in the yogurt. I will repurchase this one for sure!
We all hopped in the car and headed to the Los Angeles area for my nephew’s birthday party. I ate a couple of pieces of pizza, salad and a small piece of birthday cake at the party.
After the party, we went back to my brother in law’s house to continue the festivities.
I snacked on some chips and dip and sipped on some wine while the kids swam.
We picked up dinner from Johnny Rockets. I ordered the grilled chicken breast sandwich and onion rings (which I shared).
We left after dinner, got home late and went to bed.
Breakfast this morning was yellow….very yellow.
Scrambled egg beaters with shredded cheddar cheese and a side of pineapple.
I spent most of the day cleaning up around the house. We took the kids to Souplantation for lunch. I had my usual giant salad and bowl of chili.
I think the rest of the day will be spent lazily around the house. Just the way I like to spend my Sundays.
What was the best thing you ate all weekend?