About LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt: LAND O LAKES® is expanding its popular line of half-stick butter with the introduction of LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. This new product contains wholesome ingredients: sweet cream, olive oil and sea salt. LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt is an easy and convenient way to simply enhance the flavor of your favorite foods. Available in a premeasured half-stick size, this new product can be used for topping and cooking a variety of foods, combining the two ingredients consumers often combine separately when frying or sautéing foods. The delicious taste of butter and olive oil will add delicious flavor to any dish.
The recipe I chose comes from one of my favorite cuisines, Indian. My favorite recipe by far is my Indian Butter Chicken (Chicken Makhani) but this recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala is just as fabulous and so much easier to prepare!
I grilled the marinated chicken on skewers which gave it such a wonderful flavor! When summer rolls around, I just want to grill everything! You could either grill on an outdoor or indoor grill.
Chicken Tikka Masala (Serves 4)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 long skewers
- 1 tablespoon LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt*
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional for garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, 1 teaspoon garam masala, cayenne, black pepper, and ginger. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon garam masala. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste for salt. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro if you’d like.
This recipe is pretty spicy (just the way I like it). If you don’t like things as spicy, use less or omit the cayenne pepper and/or ground black pepper.
You can learn more about LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt on their product page here. You can also check them out on Twitter (@LandOLakesKtchn) and on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LandOLakes
And now to the GIVEAWAY! One lucky reader will receive a coupon for a free package of LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt! All you have to do is answer this question: What is your favorite recipe made with Butter?
A winner will be chosen by random on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:00AM PST.
I received a full-value coupon redeemable for LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.
Check out these other fabulous bloggers who participated in this event:
- Ravioli Florentine with Spinach and Butter Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books &Cooks
- Roasted Salmon & Asparagus with grilled Garlic Bread by Daily Dish Recipes
- Steak with Blue Cheese Butter by In the Kitchen with KP
- Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Fettuccini with Cream Sauce and Turkey Sausage by Val’s Food and or Art
- Linguini with Clam Sauce by The Pig and the Fig
- Butter Burgers by Ultra Epicure
- Bacon and Havarti Quiche by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cider Chicken with Butter Pecan Rice by Momma’s Meals
- Gnocchi with Sun-Dried Tomato Butter by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chicken Scaloppini by Diabetic Foodie
- Pasta with Butter Thyme Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Chicken Tikka Masala by Melissa Likes to Eat
- Empanadas by The Primlani Kitchen
- White Bean Ragout with Grilled Garlic Bread by Comfy Cuisine
- Wild Raisin Nut Rice Pilaf with Olive Butter & Sea Salt by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Olive Oil and Sea Salt Pan Seared Scallops with Quinoa by Big Bears Wife
- Flank Steak with Garlic and Wild Mushrooms by Family Spice
- Bay Scallop Gratin by An Appealing Plan
- Buttery Sea Salt Tuna Fajitas by Family Foodie
- Sole Meniere by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken with Butter Sauce and Fresh Veggies by BG Garden
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Jalapeno Cheddar Butter by Damn Delicious
- Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
- Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Easy Onion Focaccia Rolls by The Meltaways
- Whole Wheat Biscuits by Cookistry
- Buttery Garlic Knots by From My Corner of Saratoga
- Herbed Cheese Bread with Pancetta and Onions by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Warm Balsamic Green Beans by Chip Chip Hooray
- Buttery Herbed Potatoes by The Messy Baker Blog
- Basil Butter Corn by Supper for a Steal
- Mashed Potatoes with Herb Butter and Cheese by Kathya Rodriguez