138.0…Buttermilk Cheese Bread
It’s been awhile since I’ve pulled out my bread machine and made a loaf of bread. I had some buttermilk that I needed to use up and once I came across a recipe for Buttermilk Cheese bread, I knew I had found a winner.
I used cheddar for the cheese in the recipe but you could use whatever cheese you want!
Buttermilk Cheese Bread
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select White Bread setting. Start.
- To bake bread in oven: select dough or manual cycle. Once cycle is complete, shape dough and place in a greased loaf pan. Allow to rise in a warm spot until doubled in size. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
Last night we took the kids to my son’s favorite restaurant, P.F. Chang’s. We started with Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
We all shared a few different dishes. Well, everyone except my daughter. She only likes the rice there. I sometimes wonder how she actually grows.
Chang’s Spicy Chicken:
Almond & Cashew Chicken:
I always know that when I ate any Asian food, the scale will always be up a couple of pounds the next day. I find it especially true of P.F. Chang’s. I find their food pretty salty sometimes.
Breakfast this morning was toast with Teddie Super Chunky peanut butter and watermelon.
I took the kids to school and went to Cardio Muscle class. After class I ran to the grocery store and a couple of other errands.
Lunch was a turkey sandwich on the Buttermilk Cheese bread with veggies and Jalapeno Yogurt Dip.
Tonight is Hot Wing night at Alicia’s house. I don’t have to tell you how excited I am, right?
Do you own a bread machine?
Favorite homemade bread recipe?
I love my bread machine!! Check out Jo's Rosemary bread on Allrecipes. So yummy!!ReplyDelete
That recipe looks delicious! Thank you for sharing it!