Last night we had friends come over for dinner. I tried out a new recipe on them. Thank goodness it was a success! It was a kid friend and husband friendly meal! :)
Baked Spaghetti (Serves 8)
Recipe slightly adapted from AllRecipes.com
1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 (32 ounce) jars meatless spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
5 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups ricotta cheese, divided
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through according to package directions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir beef, onion and garlic until meat is browned and onions are soft and translucent, about 7 minutes. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt.
- Whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter in a large bowl. Mix in spaghetti to egg mixture and toss to coat. Place half the spaghetti mixture into baking dish. Top with half the ricotta, mozzarella, and meat sauce. Repeat layers. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes longer.
Another winning recipe! It was delicious and so comforting. It could easily be cut in half for a smaller group. I served it with Caesar salad.
After sleeping in this morning (yes!), I enjoyed coffee and scrambled egg beaters with tomatoes, green onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
I spent the morning doing laundry and random stuff around the house. Lunch was a turkey sandwich and pea soup.
I’m taking my daughter to her soccer game then my husband and I are off to dinner with friends tonight.
What’s your favorite dish to serve to company?