137.2…Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Fudge Brownie Bars
Something wonderfully insane happened in my kitchen yesterday.
First it all started with some cookie dough.
Then Oreo cookies magically appeared on top of said cookie dough.
All of a sudden, brownie batter covered it all.
Something phenomenal happened.
Three worlds collided creating something so amazing, you’d have to taste it to believe it.
I suggest you do.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Fudge Brownie Bars
Slightly adapted from The Spiffy Cookie
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 package Oreos
1 (9×13) Brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9×13″ pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Cream the butter and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well to thoroughly combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then slowly incorporate into the mixer until the flour is just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with a single layer of Oreos.
- Mix together brownie mix. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos. Bake for 45-55 minutes.
Just look at those layers! Eat by itself, or top with vanilla ice cream if you dare.
After that deliciousness, I almost feel bad talking about my dinner last night….because it sucked.
I recently bought these frozen Trader Joe’s Salmon Burgers with high hopes.
You can grill, bake or pan fry these burgers. I chose the bake method for simplicity and health reasons. I toasted a sandwich thin, put a little light mayo, lettuce and tomato on it and waited for my burger to finish cooking. It took a lot longer than the instructions and when I finally took it out of the oven, it had all that icky white salmon stuff on it and was a bit wet on top. Blech.
I ate a few bites of it and called it quits. Next time I’ll grill it and see what happens. I have three more burgers left in the package. At least my salad was good.
It’s a good thing I didn’t eat much dinner because I ended up playing p0ker at a friend’s house and she had some delicious pizza ready when I arrived. I ate one slice and a few bites of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Fudge Brownie Bars that I brought over. I need to find a way to shorten the name….maybe CCCOFBB? :)
This morning’s breakfast was toast with my homemade peanut butter and a bowl of berries.
I spent the entire morning playing Monopoly with my son. I haven’t played that game in years! I forgot that it takes HOURS to play. I ended up losing….badly.
Lunch was a turkey & hummus wrap on a Flat Out Wrap and a salad.
Tonight is Hot Wing night at Alicia’s tonight. Oh yeah…..
What was the best thing you ate all weekend? You know my answer…the CCCOFBB for sure!!!! :)