I wasn’t trying to tease you the other day when I showed you this dessert.
I promised I would come through, didn’t I?
This one might be the most evil dessert I’ve made yet. But who says evil has to be bad???
Twinkie Tiramisu (Serves 8)
Original Recipe: All You, September 2009
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 10 Twinkies, halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- Place espresso powder and 1/2 cup sugar in a heatproof bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling water into bowl and whisk to dissolve. Let cool to room temperature.
- Combine cream cheese, vanilla and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. In another large bowl, beat heavy cream until it holds stiff peaks. Gently fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream.
- One at a time, dip 10 Twinkie halves into coffee mixture just to moisten. Place them alongside each other in bottom of a shallow 11-by-7-inch baking dish. Spread half of cream cheese mixture over Twinkies, then sprinkle with 2 oz. chopped chocolate. Repeat with remaining Twinkies, cream cheese mixture and chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3 hours or up to 2 days.
Yes, it’s as wonderfully decadent as it looks. :)
Last night’s dinner was some leftover meatballs that my friend Tammy brought to my swap party that I added to some egg noodles. I made a salad to get some greens in.
Since I was so good about adding vegetables to my dinner, I felt it would be ok to have some Twinkie Tiramisu.
It was more than just ok. :)
Breakfast today was the return of the egg beater sandwich. This time I added some avocado to it.
I took the kids to school and went to Zumba.
For lunch I met some friends at Love Boat Sushi. I haven’t had sushi in way too long!
Normally you see pictures of me with wine. I thought I’d change things up and show you a picture of me with iced tea.
We all shared some edamame to start.
Then the miso soup arrived…..
….followed by copious amounts of sushi!
This roll is my personal favorite: the Wasabi Roll. It spicy and wonderful. I heart the plate they put it on. :)
We are off to my sister in law’s house for dinner tonight. Enjoy your evening!
When was the last time you ate a Twinkie?