135.8…Cheddar-Scallion English Muffin Bread and OXO Giveaway Winner
It’s no secret that I love English muffins.
I love all the “nooks and crannies” that gather whatever you spread on them.
English Muffin Bread has all those fabulous nooks and crannies. I’ve been making it for a few years now but just recently figured out that you can add things to it! Sweet or savory….whatever you like. This one is a savory recipe that tastes beyond amazing with the Bacon Jam I recently made. Try it. I dare you.
Cheddar-Scallion English Muffin Bread
Recipe courtesy: Woman’s Day, November 2004
- 3 Tbsp cornmeal
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- Nonstick spray
- Lightly coat two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/4-in. loaf pans with nonstick spray. Dust each with 1 1/2 Tbsp cornmeal.
- Mix 3 cups flour, the scallions, yeast, salt, sugar, red pepper and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Heat milk and water until warm (105°F to 115°F). Stir into flour mixture, then stir in remaining 3 cups flour and 1 1/4 cups cheese.
- Divide dough evenly between pans (dough is very sticky). Lightly coat dough with nonstick spray then spray 2 sheets wax paper and invert over pans. Let rise in a warm draft-free place 45 minutes or until doubled.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Bake loaves 20 to 25 minutes until golden. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and bake 5 minutes longer. Cool in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely. Wrap tightly.
Yesterday afternoon my parents came in to town. We hung out and ordered Leucadia Pizza for dinner.
I had a piece of veggie pizza and some Caesar salad.
This morning the kiddos wanted pancakes for breakfast. It sounded perfect for a lazy Sunday morning!
Lazy is right. I’m still in my pajamas and it’s almost dinner time. I can’t remember the last time I stayed in pjs all day!
Lunch was leftover pizza and some more salad.
Recently I announced the winner for the OXO Good Grips LockTop Container giveaway. It’s Erin Y! I haven’t heard from you yet….please email me with your mailing address by Tuesday at 5:00 PM PST or I will pick a new winner. Thanks!
When was the last time you stayed in your pajamas all day?