The zucchini bread turned out great!! I made the two loaves that the recipe calls for…one for home and the other went to my sister in law’s house today. Zucchini bread freezes really well too!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.
Last night we went with some friends to my favorite Italian restaurant, Firenze. We sat outside on their patio. It was a beautiful summer evening. We enjoyed some delicious wine….
….and some fabulous calamari. Their marinara sauce is awesome!
My husband and I split our favorite salad there: the chopped Caesar which I somehow forgot to photograph.
For my entree I ordered the grilled salmon. It comes with pasta with their amazing sauce and green beans.
Yum! My husband ordered the chocolate lava cake for dessert with an extra scoop of ice cream. That’s how he likes to roll.
I was really full by then so I only had a few bites but it was delicious!
It wasn’t super late when we got home so we decided to watch a movie: Hall Pass. I have to admit that yet it was stupid, it was hilarious at the same time.
This morning I had to have a nice big slice of my zucchini bread with some watermelon.
Up close and personal:
Hubby went golfing and I took the kids over to my sister in law’s house. She made an awesome guacamole. I had my fair share. :)
My brother in law barbequed for lunch. I had a chicken & lime burger (from Trader Joe’s).
I’ve never had that before….it was really good! You just put the frozen chicken patty on the barbeque and after a few minutes it’s done!
I also had a half of a regular burger.
I was stuffed!
We came home and I took a nap while my husband took the kids swimming.
Hubby is going out tonight and I’m still full from lunch so I’m not sure what dinner will be. A mystery I guess. :)
Ever seen the movie Hall Pass? Did you like it or not?
What was the best thing you ate all weekend?