The baking bug hit me on Sunday. I found a recipe that was ridiculously easy and beyond delicious.
Slightly adapted from Allrecipes.com
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Measure 1 cup sifted flour. Add baking soda and salt. Sift again. Mix well and set aside.
3. Melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well. Cool slightly.
4. Add egg (beaten) and vanilla. Blend well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
5. Spread in a 8x8 inch pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Note: can double recipe in a 13x9 pan. Will need at least 5 extra minutes of baking time.
So…back to all the unpacking excitement at my mom's house today. I picked up Starbucks for breakfast.
Skinny Vanilla Latte and the egg white & turkey bacon sandwich. It was pretty good!
I helped my mom for a few more hours, then had to drive back to San Diego. I picked up a roast beef sandwich at Subway along the way for lunch.
I am loving the drive to and from Palm Desert MUCH better than my old Los Angeles drive!
Do you enjoy road trips?