140.4…Spice Roasted Salmon
Last night I whipped up another delicious salmon recipe. It was so stinkin' easy and healthy too. Here's to another Cooking Light magazine success!
Spice Roasted Salmon (Serves 4)
Recipe from Cooking Light, March 2014
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/3 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (I didn't have any on hand)
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle fillets evenly with garam masala and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add fillets to pan, skin side down. Cook 7 minutes; turn over, and cook 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness.
- 2. Combine remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, yogurt, green onions, crème fraîche, and lime juice in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve yogurt mixture with fillets. Serve with lemon wedges.
The salmon was delicious with basmati rice and broccoli. The photo in the magazine for the recipe showed snow peas which would be excellent!
There was something new on my breakfast table this morning:
Special K Flatbread Breakfast Sandwiches. I bought these at Costco as was excited to give them a try! They only take a couple of minutes in the microwave and are only 200 calories each!
Well. It's not the most appetizing looking thing in the world. It wasn't very big either but for 200 calories, I don't know what I was expecting. Taste? Not bad. It tastes better than it looks. It was a nice change of pace and great for a morning when I'm rushing around. We will see if I'll want to repurchase them by the time I finish the box.
I took the kids to school, attended a meeting, then volunteered for a couple of hours. Lunch was a Greek salad at Luna Grill.
Tonight I have an event to attend with my husband. Tomorrow I'll be at the school all day volunteering and then it's off to downtown San Diego for a girls weekend with my sister in law Stephanie and her friends. I'm really looking forward to it!
Have you tried the new Special K Breakfast Flatbread or any other microwave breakfast sandwiches?
Technorati Tags: Everyday, Luna Grill, Special K Flatbread Breakfast Sandwich, Spice Roasted Salmon
I haven't tried those, but it does look . . . plain? Maybe stuff some baby spinach in there next time??ReplyDelete
Again with the travel - crazy! Have fun!
The spinach is a great idea!