139.2…Salmon with Hoisin Glaze
I'm currently a bit obsessed with the frozen, skinless salmon fillets at Costco. I love coming up with new recipes for them. Salmon is so easy to prepare and can take on so many different flavors!
This time I rolled with an Asian flavor. It was delicious.
Salmon with Hoisin Glaze (Serves 4)
Recipe from Cooking Light, August 2009
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless wild salmon fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Add fish to dish, turning to coat. Marinate at room temperature 8 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 3. Remove fish from marinade; discard marinade. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle fish evenly with sesame seeds. Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
I roasted some asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper while the salmon was cooking. Easy!
Breakfast this morning was scrambled egg beaters with salsa, green onions, asparagus and cheddar cheese. I had some pineapple as well.
I took the kids to school, then went to the gym for an hour.
I met some friends at Cucina Enoteca in Del Mar for luncheon/fashion show benefitting a domestic violence charity.
Lunch was sole with frisee, capers, potatoes and cherry tomatoes.
It was so delicious but SO tiny. It was basically an appetizer. I would have liked three more.
Speaking of three more, I could have eaten 3 of the desserts too.
Chocolate Budino with orange crema and chocolate espresso ganache cookie. It was decadent. This was my first experience at Cucina Enoteca. I've wanted to try it since it opened several months ago. I would definitely go back but just hope the portions are bigger next time. :)
Do you have any favorite salmon recipes to share?
Technorati Tags: Egg Beaters, Everyday, Cucina Enoteca, Salmon with Hoisin Glaze
Cute dress you wore to the lunch/fashion show! Willing to share where you got it?ReplyDelete
Thank you so much, Dawn! It's by Ella Moss and I probably got it on Piperlime.com probably a year ago.