144.2…Chocolate Chip Cookies
Over the weekend I made my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. I know I’ve shared it in the past but I think it deserves to be in the spotlight again.
Chocolate Chip Cookies (Makes 18-24 large cookies)
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter (12 Tbsp), melted and cooled until just warm
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper/silpat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda an salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter and sugars. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, followed by chocolate chips.
- Drop by (scant) 1/4 cups onto the baking sheet and pat lightly so the cookie is an even thickness, not a ball shape. Cookies will spread as they bake and this ensures a more even spread.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until just turning light brown all over. The edges should only be very slightly more brown, if at all, from the rest of the cookie. Allow cookies to cool before removing them from the baking sheet.
Last night was “Hot Wing Night” at Alicia’s house!
You know I was in heaven.
Hot wings really are one of the best foods on the planet.
This morning’s breakfast was toast with peanut butter and half a grapefruit.
I went to spin class, then parent-teacher conferences at the school. Lunch was a quick sandwich at Subway.
As usual after Subway, I was hungry two hours later. Trying to drink a ton of water to hold me off until dinner.
I ran some errands, took my son to get his hair cut, then came home. Looking forward to a quiet evening at home!
What’s your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe?