144.6…Creamy Burrito Casserole
It's no secret that I love casseroles. They are usually some sort of comfort food and I love that everything cooks up in one dish. Any other dishes used to make it get washed while the casserole is in the oven. Then, after dinner, clean up is a snap!
It is also no secret that we are a Mexican food loving family. This recipe for Creamy Burrito Casserole satisfies everybody!
Creamy Burrito Casserole (Serves 6-8)
1 lb. ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
6 large flour tortillas
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
2 -3 cups shredded taco cheese or 2 -3 cups cheddar cheese
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
4 ounces sour cream
jarred hot sauce, if desired to spice it up
1. Brown ground meat/turkey and onion; drain.
2. Add taco seasoning and stir in refried beans.
3. Mix soup and sour cream in a separate bowl.
4. Spread 1/2 sour cream mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
5. Tear up 3 tortillas and spread over sour cream mixture.
6. Put 1/2 the meat bean mixture over that.
7. Add a layer of cheese.
8. You could put some hot sauce on this now.
9. Repeat the layers.
10. Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
Breakfast yesterday morning was a fried egg sandwich.
We spent the day at the Chargers game. I enjoyed a hot dog and a sweet victory over the Raiders!
Dinner was homemade pizza and salad.
Breakfast this morning was Honey Nut Cheerios.
I went to Cardio Muscle class and had a fabulous workout. My workouts have been few and far between lately so I made this a good one.
Lunch was with a couple of friends at Love Boat Sushi.
Ah…my favorite: the Wasabi Roll. You sinuses will be cleared up, I promise!
Are you a casserole fan? Do you have a favorite?