141.6…Spicy Asian Noodles with Chicken
I cooked dinner last night. It felt good. And I enjoyed what I made. Bonus!
Spicy Asian Noodles with Chicken (Serves 4)
Recipe courtesy Oxmoor House 2011
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups stir fry vegetables
- 2 cups chopped cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 1/2 package spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic to pan; cook 45 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in vegetables and next 6 ingredients. Add chicken in.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Add noodles to chicken and vegetable mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts.
Breakfast this morning was a toasted English muffin with peanut butter and a grapefruit.
After taking the kids to school, I went to spin class. It’s a good thing I got a workout in. Cathi had a party at her house with loads of delicious food. It was a “party before the kids get out of school for the summer” party.
Guacamole that I brought:
Good times were had by all!!!
What’s on the menu for dinner tonight?