147.0...Easy Creamy Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala
Pinterest strikes again. I needed a crockpot recipe yesterday because I was running around too much to have time to cook dinner. I checked out my pins on Pinterest and saw a recipe for Easy Creamy Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala. Bingo!
Easy Creamy Crock-Pot Chicken Tikka Masala (Serves 6)
Recipe slightly adapted from The Iron You
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
1 large onion, finely chopped
4-6 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
1 (29 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp. Garam masala
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. ground coriander
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. turmeric
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (adjust according to your heat preference)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 bay leaves
1 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Grease the insides of your crockpot bowl with olive oil. Set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients (except for bay leaves, heavy cream, cornstarch and lemon juice) in a large bowl. Stir to combine everything, making sure that the chicken is well coated.
3. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker and place the two bay leaves on top.
4. Cover and cook for 8 hours on low (or 4 hours on high).
5. When done, in a small bowl combine heavy cream and cornstarch and gently stir into the chicken mixture. Let cook an additional 20 minutes to thicken up.
6. Finally add lemon juice and gently stir to incorporate. Serve warm.
I served the chicken with brown rice and peas. It was excellent. When your husband comments how good the meal is several times and goes for seconds (and I think thirds? I lost track.), you know you have a winner. I asked him what he wanted for dinner the next night and he said, “this!”.
I had my new favorite breakfast this morning.
Toasted English muffin with avocado, scrambled egg and diced tomatoes which I added a bunch of Cholula to. I also had half a grapefruit.
Once the kids were at school, I went to a meeting followed by the gym for some boring treadmill action and some weights.
I met a couple of friends at Luna Grill for lunch.
The standard “crack chicken” on a Greek Salad.
This weekend is the first weekend that I’ll have been home in a LONG time. I’m looking forward to it!
What was the last crockpot recipe you made?
Technorati Tags: Everyday, Luna Grill, Easy Creamy Crock-Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
Post a Comment