141.6…Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Football Dip
Thanks to Pinterest, I found the perfect dessert to bring to the Super Bowl party I went to last night: Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Football Dip.
While it looked theme appropriate, it also tasted great! A little too addicting, if you ask me….
Chocolate Chips Peanut Butter Football Dip
Recipe courtesy Pinterest/Crazy For Crust
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar (up to 2 cups if needed)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate sprinkles or chocolate chips for the outside of the football
- White chocolate or frosting for the football laces
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter until mixed (using a hand-held mixer). Mix in vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, and mix until combined. (If you want a stiffer mixture, add the extra ½ cup of powdered sugar.) Mix in chocolate chips.
- Turn out mixture on a large sheet of waxed paper. Use your hands to form into a football shape.
- Place the waxed paper onto your serving plate. (It helps if the plate has sides…less mess!) Cover in sprinkles or chocolate chips, pressing them into the surface a little so they stick. Pipe on the laces using melted white chocolate or some leftover frosting and chill until ready to serve.
- Serving suggestion: pretzels, animal crackers, cookies, a spoon.
If your mixture is too soft to form into a football shape, chill it for about 15-30 minutes. (The length of chilling time depends on how soft it starts.) The freezer will speed up this step.
What goes better with Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Dip than sparkling wine??
I also enjoyed some chips….
….and meatballs. There was beer in the sauce. They were delicious!
After enjoying some appetizers, it was time for the main event!
I brought Asian style salad:
Alicia made sloppy joes:
And HOT WINGS, of course!!
I was all about the wings.
I went back for seconds and thirds. I’m a try hot wing addict. Admitting it is the first step.
Even though I started with dessert, I ended with it too. Check out these chocolate cookies that our friend Sherry made!
So…it’s quite obvious that all the eating for the past couple of days has caught up with me. Time to get things under control. It started today with a healthy breakfast. I couldn’t wait to eat my Coconut-Sour Cherry Granola that I made over the weekend.
I added it on top of Trader Joe’s vanilla Greek yogurt and added blackberries and strawberries.
After I dropped the kids off at school, I continued on my quest for health by attending Cardio Muscle class.
Afterwards I went to Costco to get some snacks for an upcoming school event. This was cart number TWO:
I for sure burned a TON of calories pushing this thing around, putting it all in the car (barely fit) and unloading it at home in my garage:
Lunch was Wahoo’s.
I ran more errands, picked up the kids from school and now I need to make dinner. A new recipe too!
Thoughts on the Super Bowl? Beyonce’s half time show? By the way, I correctly predicted the outcome of the game (Ravens by 3). Too bad I didn’t put any money on it! That will never happen again!