145.0...Olive Garden-Style Garlic Breadsticks
My kids are obsessed with Olive Garden’s breadsticks. Doughy, buttery, garlic goodness. I try not to eat them when I’m there because once you have one, well…you know how it goes. I saw this recipe for a copycat version on The Today Show and decided to give them a try!
Olive Garden-Style Garlic Breadsticks (Makes 10-12)
Recipe from The Today Show
For the breadsticks:
3/4 tsp. active dry yeast
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. warm water
3 cups bread flour, plus more for surface
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup butter, melted, plus more for greasing bread bowl
For the topping:
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1. Into a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water and let sit for 5 minutes until bubbles and foam form.
2. Into a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flour and salt. Mix in the melted butter. Pour the yeast mixture into the flour and continue to mix until combined.
3. Turn out dough onto a floured surface and knead the dough for about 10 minutes. Place dough in a well-buttered bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until it has doubled in size.
4. Take roughly 2-ounce portions of the dough (should make 10-12 breadsticks) and roll each portion out on a floured surface to form breadsticks that are 7 inches long. Place the breadsticks on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Cover, and set aside for another 1 1/2 hours or until dough has doubled in size again.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake breadsticks for 12 to 15 minutes or until they are golden brown. Remove from oven and brush each one with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt. Serve warm.
The breadsticks were definitely a hit!!
Dinner last night was the last of the Tomato Chicken Parmesan and a salad.
Breakfast this morning:
It’s been a relaxing, enjoyable Saturday over here. Can’t say I’ve accomplished much but that’s ok with me.
Lunch was a tuna sandwich and a salad.
Tonight we will be doing some grilling, swimming and football watching. A perfect Saturday night!
Have you tried any of those “copycat” restaurant recipes?