Part of getting back on track to a “normal” life for me is cooking! Last night I did just that: Beef Enchiladas! They were easy to throw together and everyone enjoyed them.
Beef Enchiladas (Serves 6-8)
Adapted from allrecipes.com
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 large chopped onion
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1 packet taco seasoning
12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 8 ounces shredded Colby cheese
2 (19 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a heavy saucepan or skillet, brown the ground beef and onions. Season the ground beef mixture with garlic salt & the taco seasoning and set aside.
- Dip both sides of each tortilla in some of the enchilada sauce. Spoon some meat mixture and cheese into the center of each tortilla, roll them up and arrange them in a 9x13 inch baking dish or oblong pan. Pour the enchilada sauce over the rolled enchiladas and top with any remaining meat or cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
I made a simple salad with ranch dressing to go with it. It was a great meal!
Breakfast this morning was an egg beater omelet with shredded cheddar cheese and lots of Cholula hot sauce.
I also had a dried up, disappointing grapefruit. :(
After I dropped the kids off from school, I went to spin class. Two days working out in a row! I’m on a roll!
Lunch was (or used to be) an old favorite: Subway.
This may have been the worst Subway sandwich I have ever had. I ordered my normal roasted chicken with all the veggies and tons of buffalo hot sauce. I had it toasted….mistake. It was a roasted chicken sandwich between two bricks. After one bite, just about everything fell out. Boo. Sorry I cheated on my Wahoo’s fish tacos. I learned my lesson.
What was the last disappointing meal you had?