137.2…Peanut Butter M&M Blondies
I love making bars because you just dump everything into a pan and bake it. These bars were so easy…no big electrical equipment needed.
Peanut Butter M&M Blondies
Recipe Courtesy The Gonzo Gourmet
1 stick unsalted butter
2 cups brown sugar
½ cup creamy peanut butter
2 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and remove from heat. Stir in the peanut butter and set aside to cool.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla into the peanut butter mixture.
- Fold the flour mixture into the saucepan, stir to combine. The batter will be thick.
- Spread into a greased 9×13” pan, using your hands if necessary to spread the batter evenly throughout the pan.
- Top the batter with the M&Ms, lightly pressing each into the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the dough is lightly browned and a fork inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Last night’s dinner was leftover turkey chili that my sister in law made this past weekend. I added shredded cheddar, chopped onions and a dollop of sour cream.
It was really good! I will have to get the recipe and make this! I served it with some cornbread I pulled out of the freezer.
Great dinner! And easy too. :)
Breakfast this morning was pineapple Chobani, Coconut-Sour Cherry Granola, strawberries and blackberries.
I took the kids to school and went to a couple of school meetings/events. I ran some errands and then met some friends at Urban Plates for lunch. I LOVE this place. It’s only the second time I’ve been and I was quite excited. Last time I ordered the Grilled Wild Ono Nicoise Salad. I wanted to try a different salad this time.
I ordered the Farm Stand Turkey Cobb: lettuce blend, pure & hormone free turkey breast,organic tomatoes, bacon, avocado, onion, organic hard boiled cage-free egg, bleu cheese, seasonal sprouts, buttermilk dill dressing. AND the fabulous grilled foccacia bread! Best bread ever. Order the salad just for the bread. :)
I picked my daughter up from school and now I need to pick up my son and take him to his dentist appointment. An exciting afternoon, I tell ya! :)
Cookies or bars? Which do you prefer to make?