134.6…Garlic Cheddar Chicken
Last night’s dinner was a winner. Imagine: chicken breasts dipped in garlic butter and cheddar bread crumbs and baked. Yep. It was awesome.
Garlic Cheddar Chicken (Serves 8)
Recipe Courtesy AllRecipes.com
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded thin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook the garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, pepper, and salt.
- Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
I served the Garlic Cheddar Chicken with a baked potato with sour cream and green onions. I also served a salad to go with it. Great dinner!
Yes, I went a bit overboard with the dressing. Oops.
This morning’s breakfast was pineapple Chobani, the last of my Nutella Granola and strawberries.
Don’t worry…I’m working on another granola recipe!
I picked up my daughter from school. I will be picking my son up later this afternoon from a play date. The rest of the day will be spent getting random stuff done around the house. Exciting! :)
Have a great rest of your day!
How many nights a week do you cook dinner?