One of my favorite meals of all time is chicken piccata. Well, I guess piccata of any kind. I love the buttery, lemon flavor! I’ve tried several recipes and they all are somewhat the same with little twists here and there. I thought this recipe for Lemon Chicken Piccata was unique because you add lemon slices to the sauce.
Lemon Chicken Piccata (Serves 4)
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (pounded to 1/2” thickness)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, or as needed
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. capers, drained and rinsed
3 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. minced flat-leaf parsley
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Shake off excess flour.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet; pan-fry chicken until starting to brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
3. Cook and stir minced garlic in skillet until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Pour in chicken broth. Scrape and dissolve any brown bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in lemon slices and bring mixture to a boil. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce reduces to about 2/3 cup, 5 to 8 minutes.
4. Add chicken (and remaining juices) back to skillet as well as lemon juice and capers; simmer until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes more. Turn chicken over every so often.
5. Drop butter into skillet and swirl it into sauce by tilting skillet until butter is melted and incorporated. Add parsley and serve.
I served the chicken with a rice mixture that I had been trying to use up, as well as some steamed green beans.
Breakfast this morning:
After taking the kids to school I went to Cardio Strength class. Had a great workout!
I went to Costco and came home for lunch.
Leftover Green Goddess Turkey Burger, corn on the cob and Pinto Bean Salad with Corn, Yellow Peppers, Tomatoes and Avocado. A winner lunch!
Are you a Piccata fan? Do you have a favorite recipe I should try?