144.4…Sour Cream Noodle Bake
I have a confession: I love casseroles. I love to throw everything in one baking dish and be done. I don't know what that says about me…I'm lazy, possibly?
Casseroles to me are the ultimate comfort food. Especially when they have noodles and cheese as ingredients. Last night's dinner of Sour Cream Noodle Bake fulfilled all my casserole loving requirements.
Sour Cream Noodle Bake (Serves 8)
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman
1 1/2 pound ground chuck (I used turkey)
1 can 15 oz. tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
Freshly ground black pepper
8 oz., weight egg noodles
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cup small curd cottage cheese
1/2 cups sliced green onions (less to taste)
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown meat in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add tomato sauce, 1/2 tsp. salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir. Add green onions and stir.
5. To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.
Delicious and kid (and husband) friendly too!
Tuesday night I reheated the last of the Chicken with Lemon-Caper Sauce, wild rice and asparagus for dinner.
I would like to swim in that sauce….
After dinner, I had a serious sweet tooth going on. I found these in the pantry and decided it was better than a candy bar or ice cream or whatever else I may have come up with.
It did the trick!
Wednesday morning's breakfast was scrambled egg beaters, spinach, asparagus and jack cheese.
After taking the kids to school, I went to a barre class at the gym. I ran a bunch of errands, stopping for a Greek salad at Luna Grill for lunch.
I picked up the kids from school, came home and got the Sour Cream Noodle Bake started for dinner.
I served it with a Caesar salad.
This morning's breakfast was Oikos Greek Vanilla yogurt, granola (store bought) and raspberries.
I've never had that yogurt before….it's pretty darn good!!!!
After drop off, I went on an hour long walk. That's 4 days in a row of exercise!
Lunch was at 067 with Lisa. I had the Chopped Salad.
It was nightly small….I hope it holds me over until dinner time!
Are you a casserole lover like me? Care to share your favorite casserole recipe?