142.8…Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
If you are a fan of peanut butter and chocolate, I have just the thing for you.
They look decadent, right? They are! They look like they are loaded with calories, right? They are NOT! I have another Cooking Light winning recipe for you: Peanut Butter Cup Blondies.
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies (Makes 20)
Slightly Adapted from Cooking Light, September 2011
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- 4 (0.75-ounce) peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt), stirring well with a whisk. Combine peanut butter and next 4 ingredients (through eggs), stirring well. Add peanut butter mixture to flour mixture; stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 3. Scrape the batter into a 9-inch square metal baking pan lightly coated with cooking spray, and arrange the peanut butter cups over batter. Bake at 350° for 19 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
The only change I made from the original recipe was that I doubled the chocolate chips. The calories per bar (not doubling the chocolate chips) are just 153! I'll take one. Or two.
Last night I took the Peanut Butter Cup Blondies over to Alicia's house to watch the Super Bowl. We munched on chips and dip. I love onion dip and chips!
Then it was time for the main event:
Hot Wings! DId you think we'd eat anything else!?!
Those were the first four. I went back for another four. I had to pace myself….there was more food coming!
Alicia also made the most delicious shrimp enchiladas! I got the recipe and will be making these soon for sure!
It really didn't matter to me who won but I was happy for Pete Carroll. USC pride!
It was a bit rough waking up early this morning. It made it easier knowing most of America was probably in the same boat.
Breakfast was pineapple Chobani yogurt, Easy Granola (it's almost gone) and mixed berries.
After taking the kids to school, I went to Cardio Muscle class then ran a few errands.
Since I've been on a tuna salad kick, I decided to make it again today for lunch.
This time I added hummus and carrots on the side.
After lunch, I had a dentist appointment and now I'm waiting at Starbucks until it's time to pick up the kids. It's going to be a busy night tonight with homework and my son's basketball practice. The Monday crazies are in full swing!
Favorite Super Bowl commercial?
Technorati Tags: Easy Granola, Everyday, Hot Wings, Peanut Butter Cup Blondies, Super Bowl
Post a Comment