141.4…Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine
Cooking Light strikes again. And with another winning recipe.
If you can't tell, I love pasta. If there's a creamy sauce, even better. This recipe for Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine satisfies those cravings without all the calories and fat.
Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine (Serves 4)
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light, November 2013
- 9 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces presliced cremini mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion, mushrooms, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; sauté 10 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and have released their liquid. Add wine and thyme; cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Add hot cooked pasta, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, half-and-half, and Parmesan cheese to pan, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
I served the pasta with chicken and broccoli and it was an excellent, satisfying meal.
Breakfast this morning was scrambled egg beaters with goat cheese, zucchini and green onions.
I dropped the kiddos off at school and came home to get ready for a charity event with some of my friends.
After a bit of shopping, schmoozing and speeches, lunch was served.
It was basically dry grilled chicken, avocado and some fruit on shredded iceberg lettuce. I'm not really sure anyone liked it. :(
When dessert arrived, we were all excited. Look how beautiful the display was:
I was so excited to eat something tasty.
They weren't good either. Wah. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
Red or white sauce on your pasta?
Technorati Tags: Egg Beaters, Everyday, Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine
I prefer a tomato vodka sauce with lots of crushed red pepper! My husband isn't a fan of red sauce anymore, so his pasta is usually just butter and Parmesan cheese!ReplyDelete