To go with the Cheesy Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas, I made Restaurant Style Mexican Rice. I’m always looking for the perfect Mexican rice recipe. This one is my new favorite!
Restaurant Style Mexican Rice (Serves 4)
Recipe from Favorite Family Recipes
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
3 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the rice and gently stir until rice begins to lightly brown.
3. Add the garlic, salt and cumin and stir the rice until it looks golden.
4. Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cilantro and turn the heat up to medium high. Bring the mix to a boil then turn the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid.
5. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
I reheated leftover Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce for dinner last night.
So good. I could have eaten another bowl but I tried to behave myself. Instead I ate a Chewy Chocolate Chip Heath Bar Cookie. :)
I took the kids to school and now I’m at Starbucks waiting on an appointment. My mom is coming to town today to stay with my daughter while we go to the Super Bowl. Don’t feel bad for my daughter. She despises football. :)
Will you be watching the Super Bowl? Making anything special for it?