145.2…Copycat CPK Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
I love all those copycat restaurant recipes out there. It's fun recreating your favorite restaurant dishes at home. You can control the ingredients and how much of what you put in. I tried a recipe for CPK's Chicken Tequila Fettuccine last night and it turned out delicious!
Copycat CPK Chicken Tequila Fettuccine (Serves 4)
1 lb. dry (or 2 lbs fresh) spinach fettuccine (I couldn't find spinach so I just used regular fettuccine)
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided use
2 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
2 Tbsp. minced jalapeño pepper (seeds and veins removed if you don't want it as spicy)
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided use
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp. gold tequila
2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Pasta may be cooked ahead of time, rinsed and oiled and then reheated in boiling water.
2. Cook 1/3 cup cilantro, garlic and jalapeño in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add stock, tequila and lime juice Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until reduced to a paste like consistency; set aside.
4. Pour soy sauce over diced chicken; set aside for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook onion and peppers, stirring occasionally, with remaining butter over medium heat. When the vegetables have become limp, add chicken and soy sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add reserved tequila/lime paste and cream.
6. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick (about 3 minutes).
7. Toss with drained fettuccine and reserved cilantro.
Breakfast this morning was peanut butter on an English muffin and half a grapefruit. You could see that I was impatient and started eating before taking a picture. Some mornings are just like that.
I took the kids to school, then to a PTO meeting followed by a cooking class at Great News. The class was taught by Phillis Carey was was titled: "Everything's Better With Bacon". Sounds amazing, right!?! It was!
The first recipe was Baked BLT Dip with Cheddar Cheese and Corn Chips.
Mind blowing. My first thought was what party am I going to next where I have to bring an appetizer??? Because this is the one!
The next recipe was Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon with Bacon and Garlic Caramelized Mushrooms Topped with Blue Cheese Crumbles:
Delicious!! This would be such an impressive company dish. I'm not the biggest blue cheese fan but it really complemented the flavors in this dish.
The third recipe was Chicken Breasts in Smoky Bacon Wine Sauce with Roasted Bacon-Flavored Fingerling Potatoes:
The sauce was pretty darn good and would be great on pork too. The potatoes were fabulous.
And then there was dessert. Bourbon Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream and Bourbon Glazed Bacon:
I don't need to tell you how good this was. The Bourbon Glazed Bacon was like candy. Oh my.
After gorging myself with bacon, I went back to the school for another meeting. Next up on my agenda: pick up the kids, take the dog to a vet appointment and head to Bunco tonight. I'm ready to have some wine and catch up with my friends!
Bacon is in everything lately! What's the strangest bacon concoction you've seen?
Technorati Tags: Everyday, Great News, Peanut Butter, Phillis Carey, Copycat CPK Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
Post a Comment