143.8…Tomato Cream Sauce
We've definitely been in the pasta mood this week. It's a meal that everyone agrees on over here. When I say that we are having pasta for dinner, everyone's eyes light up. I had some bright eyes last night when I made Tomato Cream Sauce over penne pasta.
Tomato Cream Sauce (Serves 2-3)
Recipe slightly adapted from All Recipes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14.5 oz.) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1 Tbsp. dried basil leaves
3/ 4 tsp. white sugar
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp butter
Red pepper flakes (optional)
1. In a saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Make sure it doesn't burn.
2. Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and continue to boil 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
3. Remove from heat; stir in whipping cream and butter. Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes.
4. Season to taste with salt, pepper and optional red pepper flakes.
5. At this point, you can pour the sauce in a blender and blend away!
To go along with the pasta, I served a Caesar salad.
For breakfast this morning, I had an English muffin with peanut butter and half a grapefruit.
After I took the kids to school, I went to Cardio Muscle class. I came home for a bit before picking up my kids from school. They had half day today so we did what we always do on half day: got to McDonald's.
Grilled Chicken McWrap and a salad with balsamic dressing.
Happy Friday night!
Favorite sauce for pasta: red, white or pink?
Technorati Tags: Everyday, McDonald's, Peanut Butter, Tomato Cream Sauce
I love a hearty red sauce, preferably with ground beef our Italian sausage. Can you believe my Italian husband doesn't really care red sauce anymore - just prefers butter with Parmesan cheese like a four year old! :DReplyDelete
LOL. That's exactly how my 7 year old likes her pasta. :)