For my husband’s Poker Night, I made Baked Stuffed Artichoke Bread, which quite possibly may be the best appetizer of all time. I prefer to refer to it as “Crack Bread.” Make it and you’ll see why.
Baked Stuffed Artichoke Bread (Serves 10 to 12)
Recipe from Diane Phillips
1 long loaf soft crusted French or Italian bread, about 3 inches in diameter, cut in half lengthwise
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups sour cream (low-fat is okay)
Two 6-ounce jars marinated artichokes, drained, reserving the marinade, and coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups thinly shredded Monterey Jack or Mozzarella cheese
2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped or pitted Kalamata olives, drained and coarsely chopped
1. Hollow out the bread, leaving about 3/4 inch around the inside of the bread. Tear the bread cubes into smaller pieces.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add the garlic, and cook, stirring, until the garlic begins to smell fragrant. Add the bread pieces and toss to coat the bread with the garlic butter. Remove from the heat.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the sour cream, Monterey Jack, 1/3 cup of the Parmesan, the artichokes, lemon pepper, sun dried tomatoes or olives, and garlic bread cubes until combined. (Do Ahead: At this point, you can cover and refrigerate up to 2 days; wrap the hollowed-out bread in zipper top plastic bags or aluminum foil and store at room temperature.)
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with silicone, aluminum foil, or parchment paper.
5. Stuff the bread with the artichoke-cheese mixture and sprinkle with some of the reserved artichoke marinade and the remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan and bake until the cheese is golden and melted, about 30 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, and let rest for about 5 minutes. Cut into 1-inch thick slices with a serrated knife.
Last night I went over to Lisa’s house for our annual “My Favorite Things” Party. The premise of the party is you bring a favorite item of yours ($10 and under) for each person attending the party. Food, beauty, clothes….whatever! You explain why it’s your favorite and everyone goes home with everyone else’s favorite items!
We also bing an appetizer so of course I had to make the Baked Stuffed Artichoke Bread again!
Here are some of the other yummy things people brought:
Silvana’s favorite thing was NYX’s Wonder Stick (a dual-ended highlighting and contouring stick):
Cathi brought Sephora’s Detangling Comb (looks like the perfect detangling comb):
Dina brought False Lashes and eye adhesive. I can always use more of these!
Alicia brought Essie white nail polish and a delicious Aero chocolate bar:
Out came Tami with a HUGE box!
Full of Bacon Waves!
Tami says it makes the perfect bacon! I cannot wait to try it!
Diana brought two items. Hand Food Hand Cream (smells fabulous!) and her favorite candle:
I’m beyond excited to try all my new goodies!
I took my daughter to a playdate, ran errands, did laundry, paid bills, blah blah blah.
Lunch was tuna salad, veggies and ranch dressing:
Tomorrow I’m headed to a wedding in Mexico! Adios!
What is your current favorite item?