145.4...Chicken and Asparagus Bow Tie Pasta with Mustard Thyme Sauce and Feta Cheese
For my husband’s Poker Night last week, I made all sorts of new recipes, one of them being the main dish: Chicken and Asparagus Bow Tie Pasta with Mustard Thyme Sauce and Feta Cheese. It was fabulous. I threw the leftovers in the freezer….I hope it freezes well because it was too good to waste!
Chicken and Asparagus Bow Tie Pasta with Mustard Thyme Sauce and Feta Cheese (Serves 4)
Recipe from Phillis Carey
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/3 cup flour
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup chopped shallots
1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch lengths
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup dry white wine or vermouth
1/3 cup creme fraiche
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
12 oz. bow tie pasta
1 cup crumbled sheep’s milk feta cheese
1. Trim chicken and cut into thin strips, 2 inches x 1/2 x 1/2. Season chicken strips with salt and pepper to taste. Toss chicken strips with flour, shaking off excess.
2. Melt butter in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook, tossing often for 2 to 3 minutes or until just about cooked. Remove chicken to a bowl using a slotted spoon.
3. Add the shallots to the pan and toss for 1 minute. Add the asparagus and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until asparagus is just tender, about 3 minutes. Remove asparagus to a second bowl using a slotted spoon. Return chicken to pan along with any accumulated juices. Add the wine and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 1 minute.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the creme fruit, mustard and thyme. Add to chicken and bring to a simmer. Stir in asparagus. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Meanwhile, cook the bow tie pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just tender. Drain well, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Toss pasta in sauce, adding pasta water as needed to thin the sauce. Toss in feta cheese and serve immediately.
Sunday night, we went to Burger Night at the club. I was only half bad as I ordered a turkey burger lettuce wrapped.
Had to get the sweet potato fries though!
My mom went home after breakfast. I met Alicia at Fashion Valley for lunch and to run some errands. We stopped at Blue Smoke Sushi Lounge for lunch.
Tuna, yellowtail and salmon sushi:
Wasabi Roll & Marine Roll:
For dinner, it was just my daughter and I. I took her to Brigantine. I ordered the Sole Piccata (lemon butter, capers, broccoli rabe, candied garlic, parmesan mashed potatoes):
It was really delicious.
My daughter and I split the Creme Brûlée for dessert.
It was terrible. Blah.
I got my hair done this morning followed by lunch at Luna Grill.
Greek Salad with Chicken Kabob. Love.
Any fun summer plans?