145.0…Leek, Potato & Gruyere Frittata
Every year I host a Stella & Dot jewelry party. My friends come over and we shop and eat delicious things. Every year I make a new frittata recipe. Last year was the Smoked Salmon Frittata and I've made the Potato & Boursin Frittata a couple of times. The frittata I made today, I made once a long time ago and felt it was time to bring it back!
Leek, Potato & Gruyere Frittata (Serves 4-6)
Recipe adapted from Williams-Sonoma
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
6 oz. small red potatoes, sliced 1/8" thick
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 leeks, white and light green portions, rinsed well and thinly sliced
3 Tbsp heavy cream
2 oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In an 8 inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 Tbsp. butter, Add potatoes, salt and pepper. Cover with lid; cook, flipping potatoes occasionally, about 8 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
3. In same skillet over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp. butter. Add leeks, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a separate bowl.
4. In another bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in cheese, parsley, potatoes, salt pepper and all abut 2 Tbsp. leeks. Set skillet over medium heat, melt 1/2 Tbsp. butter. Add egg mixture; cook until just beginning to set, about 4 minutes, using rubber spatula to lift cooked edges and allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath.
5. Transfer skillet to oven and finish cooking until eggs are set, about 15 minutes.
6. Loosen frittata; slide onto serving plate. Garnish with reserved leeks.
Wednesday night I had to attend an event at the school so I had a limited time for dinner. I had leftover fettucine and marinara in the fridge so that was dinner.
Breakfast yesterday morning was scrambled egg beaters, tomatoes, green onions, cheddar cheese and LOTS of Cholula hot sauce.
I dropped the kids off at school and came home to prep for the Stella & Dot party as well as WINGS night!
Lunch was a turkey sandwich, veggie and ranch dressing.
After school pickups and drop off at various actives, it was finally time to start preparing my favorite hot wings for Alicia and Joe to come over.
Alicia brought the salad and dinner was done!
It's been too long since we had our beloved wings.
Breakfast this morning was Honey Nut Cheerios and almond milk. I ate it while getting my frittata started for the Stella & Dot party.
I dropped the kids off at school and came over to finish setting everything up.
Leek, Potato & Gruyere Frittata:
Let the shopping begin!!
I had a great time shopping for beautiful jewelry with my friends!
After everyone left, I cleaned up and made a quick turkey sandwich for lunch.
Need to go pick up the kiddos from school soon. We have a jammed packed weekend so don't expect to hear from me for a couple of days. Have a great weekend!
Have you ever hosted any kind of shopping party at your home?
Technorati Tags: Bernice's Pumpkin Bread, Egg Beaters, Everyday, Hot Wings, Leek, Potato & Gruyere Frittata, Stella & Dot
Post a Comment