145.4…Double Lemon Curd Cheesecake Pie with Sugared Blueberries
Finally, I bring you the first of the two dessert recipes I made for Bunco. The Double Lemon Curd Cheesecake Pie with Sugared Blueberries is the perfect summer dessert.
Double Lemon Curd Cheesecake Pie with Sugared Blueberries (Serves 8)
Recipe from Phillis Carey
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp. sugar
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
12 oz. package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup prepared or homemade (recipe below) lemon curd
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries tossed with 3 Tbsp. sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For crust, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. For filling, blend cream cheese, sugar, eggs, lemon juice, zest and vanilla in food processor until smooth. Pour mixture into crust. Bake until cake is just set, about 30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
3. For topping, whisk together the sour cream, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Spread mixture over warm cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes to set topping. Cool completely on a rack. Spread top with lemon curd, cover and refrigerate for several hours and up to 2 days.
4. Cut cheesecake into wedges to serve with sugared blueberries on top or to the side.
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
6 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
Pinch of salt
1. Whisk sugar, eggs, yolk, butter, lemon juice, zest and salt in a medium sauce pan over medium low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
2. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens to the consistency of lightly whipped cream, about 5 minutes. Mixture should reach 160 degrees on an instant thermometer at this point.
3. Strain. Pour into a bowl; cover with plastic wrap set right on the surface of the curd and chill for several hours until cold.
We decided to barbecue burgers and corn Friday night. Epic. I made up a batch of Creamy Cole Slaw to go along with the burgers.
Saturday's breakfast was pancakes! It's been awhile since I've had a pancake breakfast!
We went over to a friends house with the kids for the day. We picked up Islands for lunch and I had the Mahi Mahi Tacos. They were fabulous fish tacos!
Last night we met some friends for dinner at Maurizio Trattoria in Encinitas. We all shared a few appetizers.
For my entree, I ordered the Veal Piccata.
It was delicious.
Dessert was pretty fabulous too:
Warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream..one of my favorite desserts ever! I really like Maurizio Trattoria. The service was great…the restaurant is a small family owned place that was packed last night. We had a great time!
Breakfast this morning was Honey Nut Cheerios with almond milk.
I've spent most of the day cleaning out the garage. It feels good to get stuff organized.
Lunch was a turkey sandwich, Creamy Coleslaw and watermelon.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
What was the best thing you ate all weekend?