144.0…Burger Sauce Burgers
For the last two weekends in a row, I've grilled some delicious burgers. The burgers themselves are good but what makes them even better is the sauce that goes on it. It reminds me of In N Out Burger sauce and I feel that In N Out Burger makes the best burgers ever. Hands down.
Burger Sauce Burgers (Serves 6)
4 hamburger buns, toasted
4 slices cheddar cheese
Burger toppings: lettuce, onion, tomato, pickles
2 pounds ground beef
1/3 cup chopped scallions
1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. ketchup
3 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
1 1/2 Tbsp. minced onion
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
Salt to taste
1. Combine all burger ingredients and form into six even burger patties.
2. Mix all sauce ingredients, then refrigerate until time to use.
3. Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Brush with oil. Cook the burgers 4-5 minutes per side.
4. When 1 minute of cooking time remains, add a slice of cheese on top of each burger.
5. Serve burgers on toasted buns. Add toppings and generous amounts of sauce.
Awhile back I purchased Coconut Curry Indian Simmer Sauce from Costco. I only used half of it at the time so I froze the other half. Last night I defrosted it, along with defrosting some basmati rice and some frozen peas for dinner. I also enjoyed some Trader Joe's naan bread with it.
The sauce froze and reheated like a dream! Love when things work out like that!
Breakfast this morning was scrambled egg beaters with green onions, salsa and cheddar cheese.
I dropped the kids off at school, then met my friends at Rancho Valencia to celebrate all our kids being back in school. We sat by the pool and enjoyed a few hours of catching up. For lunch, I had the Cobb salad.
Cobb salads are one of my favorite types of salads. I know they aren't the healthiest but I love salads with lots of stuff in it….just not the Wahoo's salad apparently….
Who do you think makes the best burger?
Technorati Tags: Egg Beaters, Everyday, Rancho Valencia
Post a Comment