147.8...Caramelized Onion Dip
One of the dips I served at my barbecue on Monday was Caramelized Onion Dip. It’s a nice change on your standard onion dip!!
Caramelized Onion Dip (Makes 1 1/2 cups)
Recipe from A Family Feast
1 medium Vidalia onion
1 medium Spanish onion
1 medium red onion
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1-2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
Kosher salt, to taste
Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Potato Chips for serving
1 small to medium shallot (optional)
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
1. Peel onions and slice into medium strips vertically.
2. Place onion slices in a large skillet along with the olive oil and sauté on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until onions are well caramelized (30-40 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. Pour caramelized onions into a food processor and pulse a few times to chop the onions into a chunky texture. Pour chopped onion mixture into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce into the mixing bowl with the onions. Stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Chill onion dip mixture for several hours before serving. Serve with your favorite potato chips.
Optional Crispy Shallot Garnish:
1. If desired, make a crispy shallot garnish as follows: Peel and slice a shallot into thin, small rings. Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium low heat. Sauté shallot slices - stirring frequently and reducing heat if needed - until shallots are golden and crispy.
2. Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel to remove any excess oil and cool. Sprinkle shallots on top of the prepared Caramelized Onion Dip before serving.
Wednesday night I reheated the last of My Favorite Chili for dinner.
We’ve done a pretty good job of eating all the leftovers from the weekend.
I went to an appointment and ran errands. Lunch was half a turkey sandwich, veggies and ranch dressing. This time, I put the Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip on the bread. Amazing!
Last night I went to Kate’s house. She was hosting her own “My Favorite Things” Party. When I walked in, I was greeted to a ridiculously amazing spread of food! Kate went all out!
We enjoyed dinner while presenting our favorite things.
Check out dessert:
I love how everything was in individual sizes! Thank you Kate for such a fun night! I can’t wait to try all my new goodies!
I went to Zumba class at the gym. Then it was home to start laundry and get stuff done around the house. Lunch was a repeat of yesterday. Too good not to!
I’m taking the kids to dinner and a movie tonight. Happy Friday!
What’s your favorite beauty product right now?