Last night we went over to a friend’s house for dinner. I usually like to bring a homemade dessert of some kind. Usually it’s chocolate based but I decided to change things up.
I love bar desserts because everything goes into one pan and you just cut them up and you’re done. This recipe for Snickerdoodle Blondies fit the bill perfectly.
Recipe from Crepes of Wrath
- 2⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- a pinch nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and/or line a 9×13 inch pan. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan (mixture will be somewhat cookie batter-ish, so it’s best to spread it out with a greased spatula or your hands). Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting. Makes 20-24 bars.
They were definitely a hit!
My friend made these amazing black cherry “Jell-O shots”:
She put a blackberry and lemon zest on them. I never had them this fancy before! :)
She also made this fabulous pasta salad:
And pico de gallo:
They were all to top the fabulous burgers her husband grilled.
Amazing! We were SO spoiled last night!
Breakfast this morning was a toasted English muffin with peanut butter and half a grapefruit.
I took the kids to the camp bus, got my hair done, went to Target, then Chipotle for lunch. Chicken bowl with brown rice, black beans, pico de gallo, salsa, guacamole and lettuce.
Nothing too crazy on the agenda for the rest of the day….laundry, packing, etc.
What’s your go-to dessert to bring to parties?