The other day I made the most amazing sauce for salmon.
I didn’t know what else to call it but "Amazing Salmon” because it was! I couldn’t get over how much I loved it.
Amazing Salmon (Serves 2)
2 (8 ounce) center-cut salmon fillets
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 tsp dried)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Season salmon fillets with kosher salt. Line a baking baking sheet with foil and brush lightly with vegetable oil.
- Preheat oven's broiler on high and set the oven rack about 8 inches from the heat source.
- Mix mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic, tarragon, parsley and cayenne pepper until combined.
- Place salmon fillets on the baking sheet. Spoon herb spread over the top and sides of each fillet.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until fillets are well-browned, about 5 minutes. Turn the broiler off and turn the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake until the internal temperature of the salmon is 130 degrees and salmon flakes easily with a fork, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Last night we took my mom to Casa de Bandini for dinner. We all shared some guacamole.
I wasn’t super hungry so I opted for the Chicken Tortilla Soup.
It was delicious.
Today “operation use up all food in the house” continued at breakfast.
Scrambled egg beaters, sliced turkey, salsa and half a grapefruit.
After running a few errands, I made lunch at home. Tuna melts on English muffins with some pickles. I’m basically out of fruits and veggies. Pickles were my veggie today.
Tonight we are going out with friends for dinner. Good thing…not much to eat around here. Just in case you missed it, we are leaving Saturday for a European/Mediterranean cruise. I won’t be blogging so tomorrow will be my last post for awhile. Yes…I know you are sad.
Have you ever been on a cruise?
Have a great time on vacation!! (although your daily life always looks like a vacation to me!)ReplyDelete
Thank you! xoxo