135.2...Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumpling Soup
A few nights ago I made Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumpling Soup for dinner to go with some pre-Hanukkah latkes. So perfect for a winter night! And it reheated well the next day. Score! The rest of it is in the freezer ready for another cold night!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumpling Soup (Serves 6)
Recipe from Skinnytaste
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
7 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 bay leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 large egg yolk, beaten
1/2 cup chilled reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. For the soup: In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the celery, carrots, onion, and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, about 12 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 more minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add the broth, chicken breasts, bay leaves, and pepper to taste.
2. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (for best results) or low for 8 hours. Remove the chicken, shred with two forks, and return to the slow cooker. Discard the bay leaves. Cover and set to high.
3. For the dumplings: In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, chives, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and broth, then add the liquid to the flour mixture. Mix until just blended (the dough will be thick).
4. Drop scant teaspoons of dough into the soup (they will expand). Cover and cook without removing the lid for 30 to 40 minutes. The dumplings should expand and float to the surface when done.
5. Ladle the soup into 6 serving bowls. Serve garnished with parsley.
Last night we took the kids to Outback Steakhouse. My meal started with the house salad with ranch dressing:
I had the Victoria cut 6 oz. Filet Mignon with mixed vegetables:
It was quite possibly, the worst steak ever. No one in my family liked their food. We used to really like Outback. Oh well. It now ranks up there with restaurants we used to love a log time ago but dislike now (Sizzler and Denny’s. LOL).
I went to the gym for some fun on the treadmill then I came home to do laundry and wrap my huge pile of holiday gifts.
I dropped my daughter off at a friend’s house then stopped for lunch at Luna Grill.
Greek salad with chicken kabob. Excellent.
Tonight it’s just my son and I. We are going to out to dinner and relax at home.
When was the last time you disliked a meal at a restaurant so much that you decided never to go back?
Technorati Tags: Everyday, Luna Grill, Outback, Skinnytaste, Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumpling Soup
Hey Very Nice Blog!!! Thanks For Sharing!!!!ReplyDelete
clipping path service
clipping path quick
car photo editing
My mom makes a similar version of this dish too but I have to admit your recipe seems quite interesting and simple too. Hope you enjoyed your meal. Happy cooking! My team of academized really enjoyed this recipesReplyDelete
Clash of Clans Mod APK Subway Surfers mod apk Mini Militia Mod APKReplyDelete
Nice article and I thank you for your favorite sharing!ReplyDelete
I'm from a blog
cetak buku yasin
jasa cetak yasin
jasa fotocopy percetakan
jasa cetak buku murah jakarta timur
Jasa Percetakan Rawamangun Jakarta Timur
Percetakan Murah Rawamangun Jakarta Timur
I read the above article and I got some knowledge from your article.types of chinese dumplings It's actually great and useful data for us. Thanks for share it.ReplyDelete
Watch and Download world's famous Turkish action drama Kurulus Osman Season 3 in English on link belowReplyDelete
Kurulus Osman Season 3
Kurulus Osman Season 3 Episode 1
On link below
Kurulus Osman Season 3 Episode 1
Crypto trading course
Crypto quantum leap
Be a professional YouTuber and start your carrier
Tube Mastery and Monetization by matt ..........