146.8...Lemon Cheesecake Squares with Lemon Curd Topping
One of the desserts I served at my Bunco was Lemon Cheesecake Squares with Lemon Curd Topping. These were outstanding. So lemony and so creamy. They scream summer!
Lemon Cheesecake Squares with Lemon Curd Topping (Makes 6 squares)
Recipe from Phillis Carey
9 full sheets graham crackers (about 5 oz.)
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 lb. cream cheese (regular or low fat), at room temperature and cut into approximately 1-inch pieces
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp lemon zest
2 large eggs
1 cup prepared lemon curd (at room temperature)
1. For the crust, cut two 8x16-inch pieces of parchment. Put the strips in an 8x8 baking pan so that they cross each other and the excess hangs over the pan’s sides. Push the parchment into the bottom and corners of the pan. Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Break the graham crackers into a food processor and process until finely ground. Add the melted butter and pulse until the mixture resembles damp sand. Transfer the crumbs to the lined pan and press them firmly and evenly into the pan. Set aside.
3. For the cheesecake, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest in the food processor. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds, stopping halfway to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add the eggs and process until the mixture is perfectly smooth and blended, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary, about another 20 seconds.
4. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared pan over the crust. Bake until the sides are slightly puffed and the center is dry to the touch, about 40 minutes.
5. When the cheesecake comes out of the oven, pour all of the curd onto the cheesecake and use an offset spatula to spread it evenly. Let cool to room temperature and refrigerate for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight. When the cheesecake is thoroughly chilled, carefully lift it out of the pan using the parchment “handles” and onto a cutting board. Slide the parchment out and discard it. Using a large, sharp knife, cut the cheesecake into quarters, and then cut each quarter into four equal squares. To make clean cuts, wipe the knife blade with a damp paper towel between each slice.
My mom came into town on Friday. We went to lunch with my daughter at Red Robin. I had the tortilla soup and house salad.
We picked up my son from camp and I came home to make brownies and Rice Krispy Treats to bring to Alicia’s house for dinner. When we got there, she had out the most delicious bruschetta with tomatoes from her garden.
Dinner was hamburgers and hotdogs. So good!
My mom and I hit the road for Los Angeles for my sister in law, Stephanie’s, baby shower which was held at L’Ami Restaurant. The table shared a few things to start.
Pastry Basket (pain au chocolate, butter croissant, almond croissant and apricot danish):
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad (farro, smoked bacon, lemon, parmigiano, and balsamic reduction):
Beets & Burrata Tower (baby arugula, candied walnuts and basil coulis):
I liked everything but the beet tower. Not a beet fan.
For my entree, I ordered the Parisian Omelet (French ham, gruyere, onion and wild mushroom):
It was very good!
The table shared a dessert plate as well:
It was such a nice baby shower!
My mom and I went back to my brother and Stephanie’s house after the shower. Saturday night we all went to the Dodger baseball game at Dodger Stadium.
I wasn’t in the mood for ballpark food and was super excited to discover they had sushi there. Score!
For breakfast on Sunday, we all went to J. Nichols Kitchen. I ordered the Bacon Cheddar Scramble (smoked bacon, avocado, tillamook cheddar, scallions):
It came with hash browns and a housemade English muffin.
So delicious! Fabulous breakfast!
After breakfast we drove back to San Diego.
Dave’s brother and his kids were here and we all went to Burger Night for dinner.
I had a lettuce wrapped turkey burger with pepper jack cheese, red onion, tomato, arugula, chipotle aioli and sweet potato fries. Always a winner.
Today I’ve been packing. We are going on a trip tomorrow and there’s a lot of packing to do!
We don’t have much food in the fridge so we went to Milton’s for lunch. I had their chopped salad:
We will be going out for dinner too. :)
It’s off to the airport in the morning!
Are you off to anywhere fun this summer?